Text Attributes - Size

Author
Felix Vollmer
Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I am added text attributes to my UDP. Within symbol editor I change text size of the text where the text attribute is in. Text size seems to change in symbol editor. As soon as I save the UDP and insert it to my drawing, the text size of the attributes text fields went back to default (1,25mm, something...)
Did I miss a step or is it not possible to adjust text size for attributes?

Thanks!

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Felix,
In Block Schematic drawings the size of some text in symbols is adjusted when the symbol is inserted when View | Enhanced Text Mode is on.  The size of text is defined by the value of "IO Label Height" in Document Properties..
This setting affects text objects on the ... Circuit Path layers and also the Outline layer, except for Manufacturer and Model Number Attributes.
To override the effect of Enhanced Text Mode you can:
  1. Uncheck View | Enhanced Text Mode
  2. Place your text Attributes on a layer other than Outline or the Circuit Path layers
Method 2 is recommended so that text which might need to be adjusted, e.g. IO labels, is not adversely affected.  You can use any layer you want but "System References" might be a good choice because it is a default layer that is visible by default.
For full details see Help on Enhanced Text Mode

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...