A DLL (Dynamic Link Library) is a file with a .dll extension that is used by another program to carry out certain tasks. In order for the
program to locate and employ the DLL it must be registered.
To register a DLL follow this procedure
- Open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the folder containing the DLL(s) e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Stardraw
- Rightclick on the DLL, e.g. "Stardraw Engine.dll"
- Select Open With | Choose Program... then click on the Browse button and navigate to and select
C:\Windows\System32\RegSvr32.exe. Note: Unless you regularly open DLLs using other applications we recommend
that you check the box that reads "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". If you check this box
you will be able to register DLLs simply by doubleclicking on them.
- Click on OK. A message box will be displayed that says the DLL has been registered.
- Repeat for all other required DLLs